Sedbergh – St Andrew’s Church
St Andrew’s Church is probably the oldest building by far in Sedbergh, dating from around 1130. The east window is a large stained glass picture depicting the call of Christ to Andrew and Peter. It is unusual in that the single large picture occupies the full width of the five-light window.
In 1886 a major restoration of the building took place under the direction of the architects Paley and Austin. At this time new pews, stalls and pulpit were installed, the work of the Lancaster firm of Waring and Gillow.
Aerial photo by Simon Ledingham.
Go to Menu :