Gilcrux Village Hall
Gilcrux Village Hall is an example of what can be achieved by hard work, determination and village self belief. In 2012 it officially re-opened, following a monumental fund raising effort by the Gilcrux Village Hall & Educational Trust, and is now the fully renovated, self funding, vibrant centre of village life in Gilcrux.
As well as hosting one off village events such as live music nights, exhibitions and annual village shows, the Village Hall is also the venue for a number of clubs and classes. Badminton, Pilates and ladies keep fit sessions, and dog training classes are regulars. The Village Hall also holds fundraising events for various local causes.
The Village Hall is available to hire for functions and is an ideal venue for wedding receptions, christening, social events, and club and fund raising events.
- A large main hall (max 100 people)
- “The Todhunter Room” – ideal for small meetings. It can also double up as a Buffet Room for larger functions
- “Mary’s Pantry” – A purpose built catering standard kitchen
- A purpose built, fully licensed Bar to provide refreshments for parties, celebrations etc
- Storage room for regular User Groups
- Disabled toilet and baby changing facilities
- Car parking for up to 15 cars
Situated just across the Green from the romantically ancient St Mary’s Church, the Village Hall is a perfect wedding reception venue.
The Hall is a popular and reasonably priced venue for celebrating wedding receptions and a range of Wedding Packages are available. See contacts below.
The History of the Village Hall
Originally the village school, the first building on this site was wooden. In 1771 a purvey, or one-off tax, was raised to pay for this structure. It was replaced on this site in 1864 with the stone building we see today.
In 1971 the school closed and the building fell into decline for the next fifteen years. In 1986 a new committee was formed to save the building for the village. A lease was agreed with the Charity Commission and fundraising began. Read more about the fundraising success on Gilcrux Village Hall website.
- Bookings Secretary, Mrs Helen Johnston. Tel: 016973 21895