Grid Ref : NY 096196
Near the minor road from Lamplugh to Croasdale and Ennerdale.
Cogra Moss is an artificial water retained by a substantial dam across Rakegill Beck, created as a reservoir about 1880, and discontinued as a public water supply in 1975. It has a pleasant setting surrounded on three sides by Forestry Commission planting on Lamplugh Fell and Knock Murton.
There is a small roadside car park at Felldyke, from which there is a good bridle path some half a mile long to the Tarn. It is popular with anglers, in pursuit of brown and rainbow trout with which the tarn is stocked. There are several miles of Forrestry Commission paths through the woods.