The Tour of Britain Cycle Race
The Tour of Britain is Britain’s biggest professional cycle race and the UK’s largest free to spectate live sporting event, starting in Wales on Sunday 6th and ending in London on Saturday 13th September 2015. Two stages are in Cumbria, stage 3 starting at Cockermouth, and stage 5 ending at Hartside Pass.
Stage Three on Tuesday, 8 September starts in Cockermouth, then along the west coast from Maryport to Silloth through the Solway Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, across to Carlisle and up into Scotland to the finish at Floors Castle outside Kelso.
Stage Five on Thursday, 10 September starts at Prudhoe in Northumberland, following Hadrian’s Wall into Cumbria, going through Brampton, the Eden Valley, along Ullswater towards Penrith and Melmerby, and ending with the only mountain climb of the tour up HartsideFell in the Pennines near Alston after some 150 miles of cycling.
Photos of the 2013 Tour at the top of Honister Pass:
- North Lakes Accommodation for Cockermouth (and Keswick)
- West Lakes and Coast Accommodation for Maryport and Silloth
- North Cumbria Accommodation for Carlisle and Brampton
- East Lakes Accommodation for Ullswater and Penrith
- Eden Valley Accommodation for Melmerby and Hartside
Video at Honister pass in the torrential rain:
Related Links :