Soulby – St Luke’s Church
St Luke’s Church, Soulby, built 1662 by Sir Philip Musgrave , who owned Hartley Castle near Kirkby Stephen, and other large properties in Cumberland.
There is a nave and chancel in one part, and a small bell turret. Some parts are of 1873.
There are several stained glass windows, including ‘Christ the Light of the World’ and ‘Jesus and Mary Magdalene’ by Henry Holiday.
Grid Ref 90: NY 748111
Aerial photo by Simon Ledingham.
Go to Menu :