Kendal – Railway Station
Location : Kendal
Ordnance Survey – SD 520932
Kendal railway station is situated on The Lakes Line – the branch Line from Oxenholme to Windermere. It is operated by First TransPennine Express. It only has the one platform.
The station is opposite Kendal Museum, and is just a 5-minute walk from the town centre.
Journey Times :
- 3 hours 55 min train journey from London Euston, change at Oxenholme
- 1 hour 39 mins to Manchester Oxford Road direct
- 2 hours 47 mins to Birmingham New Street, change at Oxenholme
- 6 mins to Oxenholme
The train station has a taxi rank. Book in advance with Kendal cabs:
- AA Taxi’s: 01539 740205
- ABC Cumbria Taxis: 01539 724117
- Crown Taxis: 01539 732181
- Steel Taxis: 01539 724217
There are no facilities other than a small covered waiting area, and the time board. There is no ticket office, and no parking.
Go to Menu :