Lady Anne Clifford had great love and respect for her mother, and erected this pillar in 1656 on the spot where she last bade farewell to her before her mother’s death in 1616. The pillar has been restored by English Heritage. Nearby is the Dolestone, where alms were distributed annually by Lady Anne.
Countess Pillar is in the care of English Heritage
Related Links :