Milburn – St Cuthbert’s Church
Set in fields on the outskirts of the hardy fellside village of Milburn, St Cuthbert’s church stands in an idyllic pastoral setting, under the mighty Cross Fell.
Built on a Celtic site, the small sandstone church – beautiful in its simplicity – dates back to 1100 AD, and this long tradition of Christian worship creates an atmosphere of peace an tranquillity.
There are several stained glass windows, by James Powell of Whitefriars, and Marjorie Kemp.
Photos by Simon Ledingham.
Go to Menu :