Date(s) - 05/08/2020
Category(ies) Outdoor Activities
Walk With Alpacas at The Lingholm Estate
Walk through the private grounds of The Lingholm Estate where Beatrix Potter spent many summers. Get to know our wonderful alpacas up close, take them for a paddle in the lake, meet the herd, take part in feeding time and ask as many questions as you can think of!
The stunning new Lingholm Kitchen and shop looks down onto an octagonal walled garden built in a Victorian style using reclaimed materials. The Kitchen offers delicious locally sourced meals, real barista coffee and an extensive range of teas, alongside artisan breads and home baked cakes made in the onsite bakery now open to visitors.
All our latest alpacaly gifts, knits, knitting kits, wonders and delights are now available to purchase in the gorgeous gift shop!
A short stroll down the drive takes you to a footpath leading to Catbells, one of the most famous Lakeland walks, and in the other direction to the boat launch to Keswick. So you can combine your alpaca walk with a mountain climb or a boat trip!
What to Expect
- Prices start at £80 for 2 people walking 2 alpacas on a Private Walk (group discounts apply), and £35 per person on a Mixed Group Walk.
- Under 10s can accompany for free on Private Walks and are not included in the booking numbers but must share with a paying adult.
- No under 10s on Mixed Group Walks.
- Activity lasts 1.5 hours – walk 1 hour 15 minutes with a safety introduction at the start and feeding session at the end.
- The walk is a flat gentle stroll (at alpaca pace!) suitable for all abilities and can be adapted for wheelchair users (Private Walks only).
- Groups of up to 12 walkers.
- Suitable for all ages.
- Site facilities include cafe and bakery with washrooms, free car parking and disabled parking, walled garden, grounds, jetty onto Derwentwater.
- Also accessible by Keswick Launch Ferry Service
If you have found these What's On in the Lake District pages useful please help to support Visit Cumbria by Booking Your Accommodation through us. You pay the same lowest rate but sometimes we receive a small commission for this, which helps us to keep our 1,500+ free pages online and updated. Your support helps us to maintain our independence and impartiality and is very much appreciated. Thank you.