Date(s) - 01/09/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Gilcrux, near Cockermouth
Gilcrux Flower & Produce Show
Come along to Gilcrux and join in traditional village fun at the annual show.
And, better even than a Farmer’s Market, you will have the opportunity to bid for exhibits after judging has taken place. Home made cakes anyone? Preserves? Fresh produce from the gardens?
Admission: includes tea/coffee and biscuits and is £1.50 for adults and 50p for children.
The Bar will be open!
Venue: Gilcrux Village Hall. Gilcrux, CA7 2QD.
Contact: Helen Johnson, 016973 21895 or firstname.lastname@example.org
More info: www.gilcruxvillagehall.co.uk
Both pubs in the village will also be open from 12 pm and serve meals at lunchtime and evening.
Schedule of Classes
Note: All exhibits must be the work of the exhibitor. Only 2 entries per person in each class. Please put a not for sale ticket on entries that you do not wish to be sold
1. 1 Rose
2. 6 sweet peas
3. A bunch of tied herbs
4. A bowl of flower heads
5. Painting/picture of a village scene with caption
6. A corsage or buttonhole
7. A country bouquet
8. Vase of garden flowers Produce (cont.)
37. White loaf made in a bread maker
38. Traditional baked loaf white or brown
39. 4 butterfly cakes
40. Decorated chocolate cake
41. Plate cake ( shortcrust pastry fruit pie)
42. 4 pieces of same tray bake
43. ‘Men only’ Posh Nosh!
(dish to impress sweet or savoury)
44. Homemade greeting card
45. Decorative table centrepiece including a candle
46. Homemade item of jewellery
47. Shabby chique!
(Homemade, painted, handcrafted or sewn)
48. Home brewed alcohol
Fruit and Vegetables
(judged on eating quality not size)
9. 3 round potatoes
10. 3 long potatoes
11. A green vegetable of your choice
12. 3 tomatoes
13. Most comical fruit or vegetable
14. 3 runner beans
15. 3 onions
16. 1 courgette
17. 1 cucumber
18. 3 apples
19. Exotic/unusual vegetable
20. 3 eggs from home flock
21. The greengrocer basket/box of Vegetables
22. Bowl of garden fruit
A. Hand painted wildlife
B. “New from Old”
C. Woodwork item
E. Disaster class (something that didn’t turn out as expected!)
(no more than 3 per person per class)
23. Natures beauty
24. ‘wish you were here’ holiday
25. Never work with children or animals!
26. Solway views
27. ‘Lights, camera action,!’ action shot
No more than 3 entries per person, per class
Under 9 years
50. An animal made from twigs & string
51. A piece of jewellery made from pasta
52. A painted pebble
53. Wooden spoon super hero
28. Jar of any fruit jam
29. Jar of marmalade
30. Jar of chutney
31. Dish of rum butter
32. 4 shortbread biscuits
33. 3 plain scones
34. Savoury quiche/flan
35. Victoria sponge
(baked in one tin, split & jammed)
Under 16 years
54. A selfie!
55. A drawn treasure island map
56. Decorated gingerbread person
57. The seaside on a paper plate
58. Piece of art made from pasta
If you have found these What's On in the Lake District pages useful please help to support Visit Cumbria by Booking Your Accommodation through us. You pay the same lowest rate but sometimes we receive a small commission for this, which helps us to keep our 1,500+ free pages online and updated. Your support helps us to maintain our independence and impartiality and is very much appreciated. Thank you.