Maryport – St Mary’s Church
St Mary’s church , built in 1847 of red sandstone, rebuilt in 1890 by J.H. Martindale. Only the west tower, with its high pinnacles and its bell openings as three stepped lancets is of 1847.
The church contains much stained glass – the east window by John Hardman, depicting scenes from the life of Jesus, and 15 others by Heaton, Butler and Bayne, and 2 by Atkinson Brothers.
Aerial photos by Simon Ledingham.
Go to Menu :