Lindale – St Paul’s Church
St Paul’s church was designed by the Kendal architect, George Webster (1797-1864), although the village of Lindale (or Lindale in Cartmel) is known to have had a chapel in 1577.
There is much stained glass, by a variety of artists, but the best piece is undoubtedly one of the single panels by Shrigley & Hunt of Lancaster, which shows a dignified, but vulnerable St Paul.
Photos by Matthew Emmott.
Go to Menu :