Grayrigg – St John the Evangelist’s Church
Location : Kendal
Grid Ref SD 579972
St John the Evangelist’s Church, 1837, is by the Kendal architect George Webster. The West tower is of 1869.
There is one stained glass window – the three light East window, of the Ascension, by Shrigley and Hunt, as a memorial to Mary Rowlandson who built and endowed the Grayrigg almshouses.
Photos by Matthew Emmott.
Go to Menu :