Dalston – St Michael’s Church
Location : Dalston
Grid Ref NY 370502
The red sandstone church of St Michael in Dalston village square, has a chancel that dates from the 13th Century, and the graves of two bishops of Carlisle. The present church was built in 1750, and restored in 1850.
There are many stained glass windows, mostly by william Wailes, and Clayton and Bell.
Aerial photo by Simon Ledingham.
Go to Menu :