Barrow-in-Furness – St John’s Church
Island Road, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA14 2RX. Tel 01229 821101.
One of four new Barrow parish churches to be named after the four evangelists, whose areas were designated in 1877. Four temporary church buildings of brick and timber were built to similar designs, provided by Lancaster architects Paley & Austin. They were simultaneously dedicated on 26 September 1878.
The church was replaced in 1935 by the present distinctive concrete structure.
Related Links :
Go to Menu :