Arnside – St James’s Church
Location : Arnside
Grid Ref : SD 458788
Arnside didn’t have a church until 1866. Before then, villagers were carried along the Coffin Route for burial in the village of Beetham.
St James’s church ws built in 1866 by Miles Thompson, of Kendal, enlarged in 1905, and again in 1914. Thera is a large number of stained glass windows, by a variety of artists.
Photos by Matthew Emmott.