Whitehaven – Market Hall – Tourist Information Centre
Location : Whitehaven
Ordnance Survey – NX 972181
Market Hall, Market Place, CA28 7JG. Tel: 01946 598914
Facing up Roper St from Market Place is the Market Hall, erected in 1880, to a design by Thomas Lewis Banks. It replaces an earlier market hall designed by Sir Robert Smirke on the same site.
The building was used as the Whitehaven Museum, but now the history and heritage of Whitehaven may now be seen at The Beacon, Whitehaven’s premier tourist attraction.
The current use is as a Tourist Information Centre downstairs, and a cafe upstairs.
The TIC provides information on what to see and do, entertainments and events, places of interest, travel and transport, and where to stay. It has information on local accommodation, and provides a booking service for personal callers.
Related Links :
Go to Menu :