Seathwaite – Holy Trinity Church
Holy Trinity Church in Seathwaite is a typical dales building, located in a small corner of the beautiful Duddon Valley. The church was built in 1874, replacing an earlier church. It was designed by Paley and Austin, and paid for by H.W Schneider of Barrow-in-Furness. All that remains of the earlier church is a Holy Water stoup inside the South wall.
The Church has a simplicity in its furnishings – only the pews, pulpit and lecturn in the nave. Through the chancel arch is a curtained reredos behind the alter. Most of the windows are plain, but the East window is of stained glass – with three lights depicting the Ascending Christ with a pelican and her chicks above.
Photos by Matthew Emmott.
Go to Menu :