Kendal – Old Cemetery
The Castle Street Cemetery is situated on the A684 Kendal Sedbergh Road between St. George’s Church and the Kendal-Windermere railway overbridge. It opened on 17th. May 1843. The disused chapel, which is thought to have been designed by Kendal Architect, George Webster, opened on 12th. July 1845.
The cemetery is now full for new burials, although occasional internments still take place in existing graves. There is no parking at this cemetery, and the cottage is a private residence.
The cemetery is administered from the Cemeteries Office at South Lakeland House, Kendal where all the cemetery records are kept.
Photos by Matthew Emmott.
Go to Menu :