Penrith Railway Station
Penrith station is close to the centre of Penrith, and directly opposite the imposing ruins of Penrith Castle.
The station is operated by Virgin Trains, who renamed the station ‘Penrith North Lakes’.
Although the station is now relatively quiet, at one time this was the terminus for the Cockermouth, Keswick and Penrith Railway, and the North Eastern Railway’s Eden Valley branch which joined with the Stainmore line at Kirkby Stephen, providing connections to the East Coast Main Line at Darlington.
Station Facilities :
- Car parking (pay per day)
- Disabled toilets and access
- Manned ticket office
- FastTicket machines
- Buses stop at the station
- Taxi rank
Approx Journey Times :
- 3 hours 44 mins direct train from London Euston
- 1 hour 36 mins direct from Manchester Piccadilly
- 2 hours 35 mins direct from Birmingham New Street
Wikipedia Links :
Go to Menu :