Mungrisdale – St Kentigern’s Church
The Church of St Kentigern at Mungrisdale is at the foot of Blencathra and its surrounding fells. There have been several buildings on this site – the present Church being built in 1756. It is a simple structure with thick rubble stone walls.
The interior is simple, but contains some interesting features. There is a three decker pulpit. The East window has clear glass, looking out onto the fells.
There is a memorial to Raisley Calvert, Steward to the Duke of Norfolk at Greystoke, and friend to William Wordsworth.
Aerial photo by Simon Ledingham.
Go to Menu :