Grinsdale – St Kentigern’s Church
Location : Carlisle
Grid Ref NY 372580
St Kentigern’s church was built in 1740 outside the village of Grinsdale, and just above the River Eden, on the site where a 12th century church once stood. It has a small west tower, a three bay nave, and a two bay chancel with arched windows. The church was restored in 1895.
Hadrian’s Wall Path passes the church, on its way from Carlisle to Bowness-on-Solway (via Beaumont and Burgh-by-Sands).
Go to Menu :