Cliburn Station and Signal Box
The station opened to passenger traffic on 9th June 1862, and closed on 17th September 1956, and is now a well cared for residence with signal box restored.
Between Cliburn and Clifton, where the Eden Valley Railway joined the main line, there was a branch to the pottery at Wetheriggs.
Above photos by Simon Ledingham.
Recently (2012) the owners have renovated the signal box to become a holiday let. www.cliburnstation.co.uk.
Related Links :
- The Eden Valley and Stainmore Railway – History
- Wikipedia – The Eden Valley Railway
- Wikipedia – Cliburn Railway Station
Go to Menu :