Annual and Bi-annual Events & Reviews
Go straight to our What’s On Diary to see what’s on today & upcoming events in the Lake District & Cumbria.
There are many regular events and festivals in Cumbria, from the traditional agricultural shows, to the more recent festivals such as blues and folk festivals, maritime festivals, and whacky ones such as the scarecrow festivals.
Annual or Bi-annual Events
- February – Keswick Film Festival
- March – Words by the Water Festival
- April – the Pirelli International Rally starts and ends in the centre of Carlisle.
- May – Cockermouth Georgian Fair
- June – Appleby Horse Fair
- June – North Cumbria Tractor Club Ploughing Competition, Hornby Hall
- July – Coniston Water Festival
- July – Langwathby Scarecrow Festival
- July – Tebay Elephant Festival
- July – Cockermouth Agricultural show
- July – Lakeland Rose Show
- July – Maryport Blues Festival
- July – Cumbria Steam Gathering, Flookburgh.
- August – Lake District Summer Music festival
- August – Lake Artists Society Summer Exhibition
- August – Grasmere Sports
- August – Eskdale Fete
- June-sept – Rushbearing festivals – at various churches
- All year Steam Charter Special Trains
Clubs and Societies offering entertainment :