Wythop Old Church – Kelswick Chapel

 
Location : Cockermouth
Grid Ref NY 194291

 

Wythop Old Church - Kelswick Chapel - photo by Ann Bowker

 

Derwentwater.

 

The old ruined chapel, erected in 1673, near Kelswick Farm, was as primitive in its interior furnishings as it was plain in exterior appearance, and has been superseded by the more ornate and becoming edifice – St Margaret’s Church.

 

Wythop Old Church - Kelswick Chapel.

 

Aerial photo by Simon Ledingham.

 

Go to Menu :

stats