Wythop Mill dates from 1327 and was a fulling mill at that time. Later it served time as a corn mill, then was devoted to woodworking. The mill machinery was powered by an overshot wheel.
The mill used to be open to the public as a tourist attraction, though it is now a Grade II Listed private dwellinghouse.
Photos by Simon Ledingham
Go to Menu :