Temple Sowerby – St James’ Church
Location : Temple Sowerby
Grid Ref NY 612271
St James’ Church in Temple Sowerby was built in 1754, and enlarged in 1770. The west tower was added in 1807.
The 19th century East window of the Crucifixion, and the south aisle window of the Annunciation, are both by Powell of whitefriars.
Inside is an arcade with round piers, scalloped capitals and square abaci.
Photos by Simon Ledingham.
Go to Menu :