Tebay – St James’ Church
Location : Tebay
Grid Ref NY 616045
St James’ church Tebay, 1880, by CJ Ferguson, paid for by the railway company and railway workers. It is rock faced, and has a west baptistry in the form of a big apse. Next to it is a round turret with a conical spire. The interior is brick-faced, yellow with red bands.
There are three stained glass windows – with the East window showing the Resurrection and Ascension.
Tebay is a railway village, with terraces of workers’ housing.
Photos by Simon Ledingham.
Go to Menu :