Silloth – Causewayhead – St Paul
Location : Silloth
Grid Ref NY 131534
Holme St Pauls Church at Causewayhead was opened in 1850 to cater for the increasing population of the area including the growing town of Silloth. The new parish was formed within the old parish of Holme St Cuthbert’s
The church is on the southern boundary of the disused airfield, about a mile and a half from Silloth.
The churchyard was taken into use in 1850 and burials started on the South side and then into the North side. The new cemetery was opened across the road in about 1850 and burials in the churchyard were discontinued with the exception of a few family plots.
All photos by Simon Ledingham.
Related Links :
Go to Menu :