Preston Patrick – St Patrick’s Church
The original parish church was built in the 1500’s, but was drastically re-built in 1852. There are a few small pieces of the original church incorporated into the more modern building. Some of the original windows and niches remain.
The church was originally dedicated to St Gregory, and a well still exists to this day nearby, called Gregory’s well. The North West placed tower is attributed to Sharpe and Paley.
Photos by Matthew Emmott.
Go to Menu :