Newton Reigny – St John’s’ Church
Location : Penrith
Grid Ref NY 480316
St John’s Church, Newton Reigny, was built in 1876 with 12th and 13th century interior parts surviving. A three bay south arcade with round piers, piscinas, a chancel arch, and octagonal piers in the north arcade.
Newton Reigny is named after the de Reigny family, who were the owners of this area in the 12th century and actively participated in the raids against Scotland. The Earl of Lonsdales family took over as owners in the 13th century.
Go to Menu :