Murton – St John’s Church

 
Location : Murton / Appleby
Grid Ref NY 731211

 

Murton - St John's Church.

 

St John’s church, between the villages of Murton and Hilton, north of Appleby, was designed in 1856 by G. Robinson. It has a nave with bellcoat, and chancel all in one.

 

Inside is a three decker pulpit, an amazing thing in a church of 1856 (according to Pevsner).

 

Murton - St John's Church.

 

Photos by Simon Ledingham.

 

Go to Menu :

stats