Ireby – St James’ Church

 

Location : Ireby
Grid Ref NY 238392

 

Ireby - St James' Church. Pic N0458.

 

St James’ Church in Ireby was built in 1845-6 to replace the Old Church which was deemed to be to isolated from Ireby village.

 

It is a simple church, consisting of nave, bellcote and chancel. There are two stained glass windows in the chancel, and a small 3 light East window which includes Christ and the Holy Dove (by Abbott & Co).

 

Ireby - St James' Church. Pic N0456.

 

Ireby - St James' Church.

 

Photos by Simon Ledingham.

 

Go to Menu :

stats