Egton – St Mary’s Church
Location : Egton / Ulverston
Grid Ref SD 310826
St Mary’s Church at Egton was built and endowed by William Penny, Esq., of Penny Bridge. It was consecrated in 1791, and enlarged in 1831.
The present church consists of nave, chancel, south aisle, and a bell turret, is by Thompson of Kendal, 1856.
There are many stained glass windows, mostly by William Wailes.
Related Links :
Go to Menu :