Carlisle – St John the Evangelist’s Church
Location : Carlisle
Grid Ref NY 407552
St John the Evangelist’s Church is by Robert Clarke of Nottingham, consecrated in 1867. It stands in an urban area at the junction between London Road and Close Street, on the main south-east route out of Carlisle.
It is of dark grey stone, with no tower. There is a thin square turret at the East end of the nave.
There are several stained glass windows, all by M. & A. O’Connor.
Related Links :
Go to Menu :