Carlisle – Longsowerby – St James’ Church
St James’s church, on St James Road designed by Andrews and Pepper of Bradford 1865-67. Large church with an apse and south west steeple, with broach spire. Geometrical tracery. Short round piers with thick leaf-crocket capitals of an entirely Victorian type.
Several stained glass windows including 3 light East Apse window by John Scott, of Jesus raising Jairus’ daughter, Jesus with little children, and Jesus with the Elders in the Temple.
Related Links :
Photo by Malcolm Minshaw.
Go to Menu :