Beaumont – St Mary’s Church
St Mary’s church at Beaumont was constructed the late 12th century from stones provided by the nearby Hadrian’s wall. The church as restored in 1872. The single chamber is still mostly of the earlier period, notably the south doorway and three east windows. The windows, porch and vestry are 19th century restorations. The roof dates from the 15th century.
Go to Menu :