Barrow-in-Furness – St Matthew’s Church
Highfield Road, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria.Tel 01229 823569.
One of four new Barrow parish churches to be named after the four evangelists, whose areas were designated in 1877. Four temporary church buildings of brick and timber were built to similar designs, provided by Lancaster architects Paley & Austin. They were simultaneously dedicated on 26 September 1878.
The temporary building was finally vacated on 31 May 1964, and the present new church was consecrated 21st October 1967.
Related Links :
Go to Menu :