Barrow-in-Furness – St Mark’s Church
Rawlinson Street, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA14 1BX. Tel 01229 820405.
Email : [email protected]
St. Mark’s is a Victorian, wood and red brick built structure opened in 1878. It was originally designed as one of four temporary Churches to meet the spiritual needs of the rapidly growing industrial town of Barrow in the late 19th century. These were built to similar designs, provided by Lancaster architects Paley & Austin.
Due to the numbers attending, the building was soon enlarged by the addition of the south Aisle taking the available seating to a little over one thousand.
Photo by Martin Norgate
Related Links :
Go to Menu :