Barrow-in-Furness – St Luke’s Church
St Luke’s was one of four new Barrow parish churches to be named after the four evangelists, whose areas were designated in 1877. Four temporary church buildings of brick and timber were built to similar designs, provided by Lancaster architects Paley & Austin. They were simultaneously dedicated on 26 September 1878.
The church was rebuilt after war damage, with an appeal for a new building launched 1958. The new church was consecrated on 11 April 1964.
Photo by Martin Norgate
Related Links :
Go to Menu :